Thursday, September 9, 2010

Life as a Sensual Adventure

When I was 12, life was a sensual adventure. So much of my psychic energy was spent basking in how it felt to be alive. I would ride my bike and feel the wind in my hair. Or I would walk through the woods, paying keen attention to the way it felt as my shoes sunk into the moist earth on my path. I loved to be active, playing volleyball or basketball with wild abandon, throwing myself headlong into the game. It didn't matter if I were good at it, I did it for the pure pleasure of moving my body, for the pleasure of being in my body and just being alive.

Lately, I have been wanting to feel more alive. I decided to tune into the 12-year-old me and remember what it was like to be back then. I walked in the park barefoot one afternoon, and bam! I was right back there in the remembering....

It was so good and so deliciously free that I decided to tune into her whenever I started to feel a bit off. I have been doing that the past few days, and I can report that it is magic. In the vibe of my 12-year-old self, I fret about nothing. Beneath that fretting all along has been a wild excitement for what is ahead. I had not realized how divine life could be when I got back to trusting that everything is already being taken care of, and I can just enjoy my life. In that vibe, there is nothing to worry about. There is only, 'what is the next thing I could do that would be fun?'

I invite you to give it a try. Think back to a time in your life when you felt amazingly wonderful and free. Perhaps you were tiny; maybe you were a teen or a young adult. Just find that place and set an intention to tune into it. Let yourself be guided by that 'you.' And enjoy.

I love you.
Christine

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Christine!
    I've never let go of my sensuous nature, but to really revisit my 10-year-old self with new intensity, I listen to Bilboard hits from that timeframe!
    A study was done where they surrounded a group of old men with the things of their youth~ a room full of things from that time~ the men actually started functioning better, physically, and feeling young and free again!

    It works!
    Love and Light,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that. Thanks for sharing it, Christine. :)

    ReplyDelete